Please note there are two (2) segments for registration.
- Submit Registration Form electronically.
- Upload Required Essays and Signed Agreements via Moodle.
Review requirements of uploading essays below before submitting registration form.
All documents and applications must be received by Monday, June 18, 2012.
Students selected to participate will be notified by Monday, July 2, 2012.
Thank you for your interest in this year's African-American Leaders for Tomorrow Program however registration is no longer being accepted as of Monday, June 18, 2012, 5:00 P.M. PST. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you to those who have already registered and uploaded your requirements. If you have NOT yet uploaded the requirements, a grace period has been given. You now have until Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 5:00 P.M. PST to upload your remaining documents.
We wish you luck in the selection process.
1. Submission of registration is only accepted electronically.
Register Online Here
Representatives in Your Community
Please list the State Senator, their district number, the State Assembly Member and their district number from your community. Your application will not be considered without this information. You can locate this information on the CLBC website blackcaucus.legislature.ca.gov. Look under: Find Your Representative.
School and Community Involvement
Please provide any school and community activities you were/are involved in (e.g. offices held, club memberships, after-school activities, volunteer/paid work experience, etc.) Include beginning and ending dates of involvement, length of participation, position(s) held (if any) and description of activity.
2. Submission of requirements is accepted via Moodle.
- Moodle access is achieved by submission of registration form.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent out on Tuesday and Friday (depending on your registration submission time) with your username & password.
- You will be prompted to change the password as soon as you log in.
- Please keep safe your login information and do not share with anyone else.
- You will need to find the designated section per requirement and upload preferably a PDF of 1mb or less per file. A word file will be accepted if by no means can it be converted to a PDF.
Please refer to the REQUIREMENTS page for more detail.
For questions, please contact Gladys Glaude at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 278-4849.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Essay One: Leadership
- Essay Two: Personal Statement
- Signed Agreements
- Code of Conduct Agreement
- Medical Permission Slip
- Photo Release