You Are Invited!
The California Tobacco Control Program (CTCP) and the Tobacco-Related Disease Research Program (TRDRP) invite you to participate in a new and stimulating joint conference experience: Linking Tobacco Control Research and Practice for a Healthier California. It will be held April 10 – 12, 2012 at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento. This conference is the first of its kind where CTCP and TRDRP will integrate the CTCP Project Directors’ Meeting with the TRDRP Investigators’ Meeting into one event.
This promises to be a very valuable experience for tobacco control advocates and researchers throughout the state. The first day will be science-focused, the second day will combine scientific and tobacco control program presentations, and the last day will be program-focused. Conference highlights include:
- Program implementation and research initiatives to support implementation of the new Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act;
- Introduction of two new CTCP campaigns on tobacco waste and the tobacco retail environment;
- Presentation of the CTCP Carol Russell and TRDRP Cornelius Hopper Awards;
- Informative tobacco control science and program poster and workshop sessions; and
- Skills-based training workshops.
All tobacco control advocates and researchers, including tobacco control advisory group members and programs funded by Proposition 99 (TRDRP, CTCP, and California Department of Education) should plan to attend.
Note: All CTCP-funded agencies are required to send at least one representative to Days 2 and 3 of the Conference (April 11 & 12).