You Are Invited!
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH), California Tobacco Control Program (CTCP) and the Sonoma County Department of Health Services invite you to attend the Behavioral Health Regional Training entitled, Kicking Butts: Addressing Tobacco Use in Behavioral Health Programs. It will be held on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at the Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa.
Who should attend?
- All those who provide treatment, care, and/or support for persons living with mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders – including but not limited to:
- Behavioral Health Program Administrators, Board Members, and other key Policy Makers
- Drug, Alcohol, and Mental Health Treatment Providers and Counselors
- Housing Providers including Residential Treatment, Transitional, and Board & Care
- Healthcare Providers
The training is designed to provide evidence-based strategies to:
- Identify and address the special tobacco cessation needs among persons with mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders.
- Make system changes in the treatment of nicotine dependence within the mental health and substance abuse treatment fields.
- Advance policies within behavioral health facilities and programs to address tobacco use and create smoke-free environments.
- Build successful working partnerships between county-level tobacco control and behavioral health programs to achieve sustainable outcomes.
This training will also target the creation of partnerships between governmental and non-governmental organizations that set policy, articulate standards, and influence the culture and practice of treatment.
Featured expert trainers include representatives from:
- Behavioral Health & Wellness Program at the University of Colorado, Denver
- ChangeLab Solutions
- The Center for Tobacco Policy & Organizing
- California Smokers’ Helpline and The Center for Tobacco Cessation
A case study panel will feature staff and clients discussing local efforts currently underway at the following health care facilities:
- Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health
- Catholic Charities of the Dioceses of Santa Rosa – Homeless Services
- Drug Abuse Alternatives Center – Turning Point/Orenda
Five CEU credits will be available for LCSW, MFT, RN, and CADDAC at no cost.
We look forward to your participation!