You Are Invited!
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH), California Tobacco Control Program (CTCP) invites you to attend the Behavioral Health Regional Training entitled, Moving Forward: Tobacco’s Role in Wellness and Recovery. It will be held Monday, June 4, 2012 at the McConnell Foundation at Lema Ranch in Redding.
Who should attend?
- California Tobacco Control Program-Funded Projects
- Local Tobacco Control Coalitions
- Staff of County Mental Health and Alcohol & Drug Departments
- Behavioral Health Facility Administrators and Providers
The training is designed to:
- Advance smoke-free policies with mental health and substance abuse facilities.
- Provide information on special cessation needs and opportunities for cessation among persons with mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders.
- Make system changes in the treatment of nicotine dependence within the mental health and substance abuse treatment fields.
- Create successful working partnerships between county-level tobacco control and mental health programs to achieve sustainable outcomes.
This training will also target the creation of partnerships between governmental and non-governmental organizations that set policy, articulate standards, and influence the culture and practice of treatment.
Featured expert trainers include representatives from:
- Behavioral Health & Wellness Program at the University of Colorado, Denver
- ChangeLab Solutions
- California Smokers’ Helpline and The Center for Tobacco Cessation
This training meets the qualifications for up to six hours of continuing educations credits for MFT'S and/or LCSW's as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. (PCE 4994)We look forward to your participation!