HomeYou are cordially invited to participate in the SNAP-Ed Local Implementing Agency Forum, February 27–28, 2014, in Sacramento, California. The Forum is a collaborative effort of the California Department of Social Services (CDSS); the California Department of Public Health (CDPH); the California Department of Aging (CDA); the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) and the University of California, CalFresh Nutrition Education Program (UC CalFresh).
The purpose of the forum is to bring all five SNAP-Ed Implementing Agencies and subcontractors together in order to focus on their collaboration at the local level. The goal is to maximize resources, expertise and impact so that SNAP-Ed eligible Californians improve their ability to make healthy food choices and choose physically active lifestyles within a limited budget.
Goals and Objectives
At this forum attendees will:
- Connect with SNAP-Ed Implementing Agency staff and subcontractors from throughout the state;
- Strategize how to increase collaboration at the local level amongst SNAP-Ed Implementing Agencies;
- Work together to develop an integrated statewide SNAP-Ed plan; and
- Participate in evidence and practice based multi-level SNAP-Ed intervention trainings.
Who Should Attend
- SNAP-Ed California Department of Social Services SNAP-Ed key implementing agency staff;
- California Department of Public Health SNAP-Ed Local Health Department Project Directors, key staff and subcontractors;
- California Department of Food and Agriculture SNAP-Ed key implementing agency local staff;
- California Department of Aging SNAP-Ed key implementing agency staff; and
- University of California Cal Fresh Nutrition Education Program SNAP-Ed key implementing agency staff
Pre-Forum: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 (By Invitation Only) CDPH funded Training and Resource Centers
Day 1: Thursday, February 27, 2014
Day 2: Friday, February 28, 2014
The Forum will provide attendees an environment conducive to planning and developing an integrated SNAP-Ed workplan for local jurisdictions while providing training opportunities on evidence and practice based SNAP-Ed interventions. Both components provide the tools needed to successfully implement local SNAP-Ed activities in a coordinated and collaborative fashion.
There are two distinct sessions that will take place at the Forum concurrently: 1) SNAP-Ed Integrated Work Plan Sessions and 2) SNAP-Ed Intervention Training Sessions. Each of the sessions has its own primary target audience.
SNAP-Ed Integrated Work Plan Sessions: These sessions are focused on facilitated work to move forward on planning and developing an integrated workplan for local jurisdictions. Strongly recommended for at least one Local Implementing Agency staff to attend these sessions.
SNAP-Ed Interventions Training Sessions: These sessions focus on training to build knowledge, skills and capacity around evidence and practice based SNAP-Ed interventions. Recommended for subcontractors and additional Local Implementing Agency staff.
It is recommended that you and your staff work together to determine who will attend what sessions based on the requirements and recommendations provided.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
The deadline for online registration is: February 19, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. PT
Please direct general content questions to Kristi Maryman at 916-445-5303 or email@example.com.
Please direct general registration questions to CTS Registration at 916-278-4433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope that you will be able to join us.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in February!
* This Forum is an allowable expense per the FY14 USDA Guidance. If you have questions or concerns about covering the cost of travel, please contact your Project Officer or appropriate fiscal contact.