Applicants must be over 18 years old and have completed high school by the time they start the ELI program. Applications and supporting financial documents must be received at least 60 days prior to the session start date. Allow 1-2 weeks to receive the I-20 from ELI.
- Complete the ELI Online Application.
- Application Fee: $125 (non-refundable)
- Current bank statement showing sufficient funds available for tuition and living expenses for the duration of enrollment in the program. The document must be less than six months old and include exchange rates or amounts shown in U.S. dollars. View financial requirements.
- Copy of passport
Transfer students must submit all documents required above, in addition to:
- Copy of Student Visa
- Copy of Current I-20 form
- Copy of I-94 form
- Transfer form
Admission to the University
Admission to the university is available to those students who are academically qualified, but have not met the English language requirement. Students may choose from 58 undergraduate majors, while improving their English language skills through ELI.
Please contact the English Language Institute if you’d like to learn more about admission to Sacramento State.
Accepted Methods of Payment for Application Fee
- Money Order
- Personal check (made payable to Sacramento State)
- Credit Card: Visa, Mastercard or Discover
Please submit all application materials listed above at least 60 days before the session starts to:
California State University, Sacramento
College of Continuing Education
Attn: English Language Institute
3000 State University Drive East
Sacramento, CA, USA 95819-6103