- Western Association of Schools and Colleges. All academic credit programs offered by CCE in partnership with main campus are WASC accredited, and go through regular review.
The College of Continuing Education at Sacramento State (CCE) has been offering courses, seminars and workshops since 1951. Although times have changed since our founding, we remain committed to serving the community through higher education.
Formal admission to the university is not required for admission to most CCE programs; however, course prerequisites (if any) must be met. Classes are offered in various locations on the Sacramento State campus, including classrooms and labs in Napa Hall the, home of CCE. In addition, many courses are offered off site or entirely online.
As a self-supporting educational unit of Sacramento State, CCE receives no public funding for its operation. Fees collected for each class cover instruction and administrative costs.
CCE instructors are chosen for their in-depth knowledge and expertise in a specific subject. Some are university faculty members and many are highly regarded practitioners on the leading edge of their profession.
Whether you're interested in exploring just one course or enrolling in an entire degree or certificate program, CCE is here every step of the way to ensure you find the center of your success.
In January 2012, we celebrated our 60th anniversary with a week of special events in and around Napa Hall. The events provided an opportunity to reconnect with partners and constituents in an ongoing effort to strengthen relationships and connections to Sacramento State.
To learn more about our history and to see photos from our festivities visit our 60 year timeline.
To transform lives by providing innovative learning opportunities regionally and globally.
Sacramento State’s College of Continuing Education complements the mission of the university by providing access to high quality, affordable educational programming and services that meet the needs of individual students, academic institutions, working professionals, and employer organizations.
CCE supports the university's purpose of achieving ever-changing ever-higher levels of student learning and academic excellence while optimizing student access and success. Our daily decisions and activities are grounded in the values and behaviors of our employees, faculty, and partners.
Integrity: We act with honesty and trust.
Innovation: We explore possibilities.
Communication: We openly share ideas and information.
Collaboration: Together we succeed.
Excellence: We strive to exceed expectations
- Provide high quality programs and excellent service to those we serve.
- Achieve purposeful growth of the diversified program portfolio by maximizing enrollments, identifying new needs, and increasing on-line offerings.
- Improve our customer/student service and improve our efficiency
- Build our skills and develop our employees
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who teaches the courses?
- Courses are taught by highly qualified instructors. They are either Sacramento State faculty or highly qualified professionals working in the field.
- What is WASC accreditation?
- The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) is one of six regional accrediting associations in the United States. The Association provides assistance to schools located in California, Hawaii, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas, American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Fiji, and East Asia.
Accreditation is a voluntary, dual-purpose process that schools (1) must be worthy of the trust placed in them to provide high-quality learning opportunities; and (2) clearly demonstrate continual self-improvement.
For more information visit: www.acswasc.org.
- What is the College of Continuing Education?
- The College of Continuing Education is an "extension" of Sacramento State. We offer a wide variety of courses, workshops, seminars and conferences aimed specifically at non-traditional students. You may be seeking to expand your knowledge of a particular subject, improve your professional skills, embark on a new career or advance toward an academic degree. Or you may simply be interested in an intellectual challenge. Whatever your interest, we have the classes for you!
- Students with Disabilities
- For information about our Students with Disabilities policies see the University Policies page.