- Academic Registration
- Academic Refund & Drop
- Academic Refund schedule
- Non-Credit Registration
- Non-Credit Refunds & Transfers
- Continuing Education Unit
- Courses which do not earn credit or CEUs. May offer a certificate of participation or completion.
For classes which offer academic units. Can be for students admitted or not admitted to Sacramento State.
For classes which do not offer any academic units. These courses may offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Registration Forms and more...
Determine the class(es) you wish to enroll in. Check the "units" category. This indicates whether a class offers non-credit, academic credit, or CEUs. Fill out the appropriate form below, then print it out and send it in:
- CEU/Non-Credit Registration Form
- Registration Agreement Form
Use this form if your company or agency has agreed to pay your fees.
- Registration Change Notice
Use this form to make changes to a Registration Agreement.
- Certificate of Participation Form
Use this form to verify your completion of a certificate program.
- CEU Transcript Request Form
Use this form to request transcripts for non-academic credit courses.
- ICI P.O.S.T. Registration Agreement
Use this form to sign up for POST classes.
- Leadership for the Government Executive Online Nomination Form
Use this form to nominate someone for the Leadership for the Government Executive Program
Academic Credit Forms:
- Academic Credit Add/Drop Form
- Certificate of Academic Achievement Form
Use this form to verify your completion of a certificate program that offers academic credit.
- Open University Registration Form
Use this form to sign up for an Open University class.
- Open University Drop Form
Use this form to drop an Open University class.
* Registration forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Students with Disabilities
For information about our Students with Disabilities policies see the University Policies page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register?
- After selecting your course(s), register online, if available, or see the Academic Credit Registration page or Non-Credit Registration page to find the appropriate registration form. The full payment of tuition and fees, along with an accurate registration form, completes the registration process. Due to enrollment limitations, it is in your best interest to register at least 7 days in advance of the first class meeting. Call (916) 278-4433 (non-credit & CEUs), or (916) 278-6984 (academic credit) to verify space availability if you are not able to register 7 days in advance. In the event the minimum enrollment levels are not reached, the course may be cancelled prior to the first class meeting. If cancelled, every effort will be made to notify registered participants by phone or mail and a refund will be processed.
- What are the fees?
- Fees for non-credit and academic courses vary and are listed in the fee category of the course schedule. The College of Continuing Education is self-supported and receives no funding or income from sources other than the fees charged for services. Enrollment fees are established by the CSU Board of Trustees. If you are unable to attend a course for which you have registered and want a refund, you must notify the College of Continuing Education 24 hours before the first class meeting.
- What are non-credit courses?
- There are many Continuing Education classes that are classified as "non-credit." Often offered as seminars and workshops, these courses are geared specifically to the special interests of the community. No academic credits or CEUs are awarded.
- Who teaches the courses?
- Courses are taught by highly qualified instructors. They are either Sacramento State faculty or highly qualified professionals working in the field.
- Is financial aid available?
- The College of Continuing Education is self-supported and unable to offer direct financial aid. For additional information on financial assistance, visit these websites:
- Financial Aid
- Lifetime Learning Tax Credit
- Wells Fargo Education Connection
- Key CareerLoan®
- Students with Disabilities
- For information about our Students with Disabilities policies see the University Policies page.
- Who can enroll in Continuing Education classes?
- Anyone can enroll! Formal admission to the University is not required for non academic programs. You have the opportunity to expand your knowledge in a relaxed atmosphere. Please note, however, that enrollment in extension offerings does not constitute formal admission to the University. If you are interested in formal admission to Sacramento State, contact Admissions & Records at (916) 278-3901.
- What are Certificate Programs?
- Certificate programs are groups of classes designed to help you gain career expertise, enhance your resume or update your skills. Each program varies, but generally you can earn a certificate within one year. Course schedules are designed to meet the needs of working professionals. Anyone who meets the prerequisite requirements must enroll to take individual courses in a certificate program.
- Where are the classes held?
- Most courses are held in Napa Hall or other locations on the Sacramento State campus. Some courses meet off-campus at specialized sites, or entirely online. We also offer a variety of in-house programs at various companies and government agencies.