Determine the class(es) you want to enroll in. Fill out the Non-Credit/CEU Registration Form completely. Remember, you have the option of registering online for many of the Non-Credit/CEU courses. Look for the "Register Online" button on the course detail page.
To register by Phone:
Call (916) 278-4433
To register by mail or in person:
Download the Non-Credit/CEU Registration form here
Drop off at Napa Hall or mail the form to the address below:
CCE Credit Registration
3000 State University Drive East
Sacramento, CA 95819-6103
To register Online:
Look for the "Register Online" button on the course detail page.
Once we receive your completed registration form and fees, your registration is processed and a receipt is mailed to you within three weeks. Your registration is not complete until you have paid your fees. Without complete registration, you are not permitted to remain in class, unless approved in advance by the Dean of the College of Continuing Education. We reserve the right to discontinue, postpone or combine classes and/or change instructors. However, every effort is made to accommodate your academic needs.
***Continuing Education reserves the right to discontinue, postpone or combine classes, and to change instructors; however, every effort is made to accommodate your academic needs.
Refunds and Transfer Information
Note: The refund policy is established by the CSU Board of Trustees. If the College of Continuing Education cancels the class, all fees will be refunded automatically if eligible.
Step 1: Notify the College of Continuing Education.
- You must notify Information and Registration Services, in writing, by email or FAX no less than 24 hours prior to your first class meeting. 24 hour notice does not include weekends or holidays. Email your request to email@example.com or send a FAX to (916) 278-4865.
It is to your advantage to notify Information and Registration Services as soon as possible.
Step 2: Determine your transfer or refund eligibility.
- If your request is received at least 24 hours before the first class meeting, you may transfer the full amount of your paid fees to another course or receive a full refund, less a $10 processing fee. If your request is received less than 24 hours before the first class meeting, and you meet the eligibility requirements listed below, you may transfer the full amount of your paid fees to another course or receive a partial refund of 65% of your paid fees, less a $10 processing fee.
- Eligibility depends on the number of times the course meets.
- If you are unsure of the number of class meetings, please call (916) 278-4433. No transfers or refunds will be permitted after these deadlines.
||Full Refund less $10
||65% Refund less $10
|9 or more
||Prior to 1st class
||Before 3rd class
||After 3rd class
|5 - 8
||Prior to 1st class
||Before 2nd class
||After 2nd class
|4 or less
||Prior to 1st class
Step 3: Submit your request
- Submit your refund request in writing by:
Fax: (916) 278-4865
Walk In: Napa Hall, 3000 State University Drive East
Mail: College of Continuing Education, Information and Registration Services, 3000 State University Drive East, Sacramento, CA 95819-6103
Transfer and Refund Processing
Once your transfer or written refund request is received and enrollment space is verified, a transfer receipt or refund check will be mailed to you within four to six weeks. If you transfer your paid fees to another course and then request a refund, the conditions for refund eligibility will revert to the class from which you transferred. One transfer per registration is allowed.
- Travel study programs have special refund conditions.
- Checks require one month for clearance prior to processing refunds.
- All refunds will be issued by check, payable to the participant or company payer and requires the participant’s social security number for processing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to apply to the certificate program to take a class?
- No. Anyone who has fulfilled the prerequisites for a given class may take that class individually, without officially applying to a certificate program.
- How long does it take to complete a certificate program?
- Certificate programs vary in length, but most can be completed within six months to a year. However, as you are free to take classes when they are compatible with your schedule, the pursuit could extend beyond one year.
- What is the difference between a certificate program and a professional advancement series?
- CCE certificate programs and professional development programs offer specialized training in specific career areas. A certificate program consists of a series of classes developed with input from industry professionals and reviewed and approved by deans from relevant campus departments. Classes included in a professional advancement series are developed by industry professionals and provide practical knowledge to improve job skills, provide updates on workforce trends or prepare for graduate programs.
- What are non-credit courses?
- There are many Continuing Education classes that are classified as "non-credit." Often offered as seminars and workshops, these courses are geared specifically to the special interests of the community. No academic credits or CEUs are awarded.
- What are Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
- The CEU is a nationally recognized unit of measurement of non-credit, post-secondary-level study. It has been established by the International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET). You may earn CEUs for study in selected non-credit programs and courses. CEUs are designed for use where employers, re-licensure agencies and other authorities require a specified number of hours of study on a regular basis for career advancement purposes. You can earn one CEU for every 10 contact hours of participation or portion thereof, e.g., eight continuing education hours equals 0.8 CEUs. Grading for CEU courses is on a credit/no-credit basis.
- What is a certificate program?
- A certificate program is a cluster of courses that provides knowledge and training in a specific field, enabling you to learn practical, up-to-the-moment skills and information for job improvement or career advancement. Making a commitment to expand your knowledge and skills by means of a certificate program can make the difference between promotion and stagnation in your professional development. Each certificate program has been reviewed and authorized by the faculty and administration of Sacramento State to assure that the program you select meets the high standards of quality education expected from the CSU system.