There is a lot riding on your project — its benefit to your organization and how it reflects your abilities. You want to ensure success, but know that it hinges on the expertise and cooperation of others. Learn proven effective strategies to deliver projects on time and within budget in the Project Management certificate program. You will develop a disciplined approach to projects that includes risk assessment, quality assurance and team communication.
Sacramento State’s College of Continuing Education is a Registered Education Provider with the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Our certificate program prepares participants to pass the certification test and become Project Management Professionals (PMP)®. The certification is globally recognized and increases employability and ‘promote-ability’.
PMI and PMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc. The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The certificate program boosts the effectiveness of project managers at all levels, giving them a professional edge to complete projects on-time and on-budget. This program will enable you to:
- Gain hands-on experience with the latest project management tools, techniques and methodologies
- Earn educational credentials sought by employers
- Network with other project professionals
- Increase on-the-job effectiveness
- Prepare for the PMP® certification process
This program is designed for those involved in any stage of project management, including:
- Professionals wishing to upgrade their knowledge and skills
- Project managers and project team members
- Managers of project managers and project offices
- Individuals responsible for planning
- Functional managers with employees assigned to project teams
- Individuals looking to become PMP® certified
The certificate program is comprised of six courses for a total of 9.0 continuing education units (CEUs). Participants begin with Basics of Project Management and go through the courses listed in order and finish the program with Project Quality Management. Project Planning and Design is a prerequisite to Project Execution and Control.
Project Management Institute Members
Project Management Institute (PMI)® members are entitled to a 10% discount for courses in the Project Management Certificate Program. To receive the discount, participants must provide proof of membership, by phone, at the time of registration.
PMI® and PMP® are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
If your state agency or department is paying registration fees, use the Registration Agreement form. If you are paying your own fees, use the Non-Credit Registration form.