The State Supervision Online (SSO) certificate program is offered 100% online. It meets the requirements of California Government Code Section 19995.4(b) for new supervisor training through an interactive online environment designed around the CalHR Leadership Competency Model. Upon completion of this program, participants will satisfy the mandate of the Government Code, understand the soft-skill competency clusters outlined by CalHR, and simultaneously develop on-the-job applicable skills. Participants will become competent supervisors, all without missing a day of work.
- Endorsed by CalHR
- Convenience and flexibility of online classes
- Practical assignments completed on-the-job
- Classes are taken in a cohort environment to foster teamwork and networking
- Interactive online learning environment designed around CalHR’s Leadership Competency Mode
- Participants are awarded 8 CEUs (80 contact hours) upon completion of this program
- Meets the requirements of California Government Code Section 19995.4(b) for new supervisor training
The program is designed for state employees who are preparing for or have recently been promoted into a supervisory classification.Since this program is delivered entirely online, participants must have basic computer skills, a working email address and access to a computer.
If you have questions or concerns about the online program being the correct fit for you, please contact a program representative.
The SSO program consists of seven required courses totaling 80 hours of instruction for 8.0 continuing education units (CEUs). Each course is based on a competency cluster and incorporates the required Government Code topics. Most assignments include on-the-job applications and observations.
Online access to course materials for individual courses will be available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, during the term of the course.
- DSL, LAN, or cable connection desirable
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or higher
- Safari 4.0 or higher
Some functions in CCELearn may not be supported in older versions of browsers. CCELearn is not available on mobile devices.
- Adobe Reader
- Speakers and/or headphones (preferred) to hear audio broadcasts