The Teacher Training Program offers international participants a unique experience in the United States. Our program combines classroom instruction centered on relevant pedagogy with well-supported practice in engaging teaching methods to prepare participants for real-world classroom “practicum” in regional schools.
- Five days at a local elementary and/or secondary public school
- Mentorship with experienced host teacher
- Interaction and engagement with students
- Opportunity for hands-on teaching and activities
The Teacher Training Program is designed for current and future teachers from around the world including:
- elementary school teachers
- secondary school teachers
- current students studying to be teachers
- university professors and faculty
Participants will spend four weeks exploring the American primary and secondary education system, along with current research in teaching EFL to children, and gain a plethora of options for implementing relevant, learner-centered materials that still reflect government-mandated standards and emphasize communicative strategies.