Instructional Design for eLearning
Our Instructional Design for eLearning certificate program is designed to help meet the Sacramento Region’s growing demand for instructional designers as more content moves online. This program will help you build and refine one of the most valued skill sets in the talent development field. Through hands-on curriculum taught by subject matter experts with real world experience, you will receive the tools needed to design and implement engaging eLearning experiences.
“The program is valuable because it brings together instructional designers from all industries to interact, engage and learn from one another.” - Keith Mahoney, program graduate and instructor
- Develop a framework for analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating curriculum using proven online learning methodologies
- Create tools and templates to deliver effective online learning
- Design and build an eLearning module
- Learn how to storyboard and create prototypes
- Facilitate needs assessments with SMEs and key stakeholders to align learning strategies with organizational goals
- Learn about advances in instructional design using innovative technology
E-learning is used by professionals in a wide variety of organizations including government entities, nonprofits, educational institutions and businesses of all types and sizes. Coursework is tailored to individuals already working in the training and instructional design fields, including:
- Instructional designers
- Training professionals
- Human resource professionals
- Technical writers
Instructional Design for eLearning consists of six courses totaling 93 hours of instruction and 9.3 continuing education units (CEUs). See prerequisite requirement under individual course descriptions.