- Open U
- Sacramento State's Open University program.
Sacramento State's Open University program allows you to attend regular University classes through the College of Continuing Education on a space available basis, without admitting to the University.
- Choose the course(s) in which you wish to register from the Sacramento State class schedule found online at www.csus.edu/schedule.
- Attend the class at the beginning of the semester and notify the instructor that you wish to enroll through Open University.
- Obtain the approval signature of the instructor and department chair in the appropriate places on the Open University registration form for each class in which you wish to enroll. Continue to attend the class.
See the Open University page for specific information.
Download an Open University add/drop form and Complete the form. Attach documentation of the “serious and compelling” reasons that require you to withdraw. Secure instructor and department chair approval on the add/drop form. Submit all materials to Continuing Education Records.
There are NO REFUNDS issued for dropping Open University classes.
If you have any questions regarding withdrawals, please call (916) 278-6984.
You can access your grades by logging on to My Sac State and following the links. Grades should be available one week after the end of the term.
My Sac State is available 24/7.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Open University?
- The Open University program allows you to enroll in regular University classes through the College of Continuing Education on a space-available basis. Open University is ideal if you are interested in entering or returning to college but prefer to "test the waters" first. Up to 24 units of credit from Open U may be applied toward a Sacramento State degree objective. Open University is also a good way for you to raise your GPA in order to qualify for admission into regular University programs.
*fees are subject to change