When a meeting or event is well planned, you know it. All aspects of the event function as desired. If the unexpected occurs, it is well-handled. Let this be your experience by learning how to run a successful event through the Meeting and Event Planning certificate program.
The program provides industry benchmarks for trends and practices as well as new information on current technology, applications, and techniques. The program also equips newcomers with the tools necessary to succeed and offers current professionals new information and training. Several classes will include site visits in the Sacramento area, and participants are expected to provide their own transportation to those locations.
Our program curriculum also focuses on sustainability. Each component of the program encompasses “green” or sustainable initiatives aimed at maintaining and sustaining our environment, decreasing waste, minimizing carbon footprints, and facilitating a better and healthier living pattern.
The Meeting and Event Planning certificate program will:
- Provide practitioners with tools to effectively manage and market outstanding events
- Increase professional skills of active meeting and event planners
- Expose newcomers to the basic principles of successful event management
- Provide cutting-edge information on upcoming trends and industry benchmarks
- Provide current trends and practices for greening events and creating sustainable event products
- Create a network of green event professionals
The Meeting and Event Planning certificate program is designed for individuals at varying levels within the hospitality field, including:
- Event/meeting planners
- Marketing professionals
- Corporate communication professionals
- Facility managers
- Executive assistants
- Non-profit professionals
- Public relations professionals
The Meeting and Event Planning certificate program consists of nine courses totaling 121 hours of instruction which is required for certificate completion. Participants can enroll in individual courses to increase their skills in areas of specific interest. Continuing education units (CEUs) will be given to those who successfully complete each course. Participants who complete all nine courses may apply for a certificate of participation.
- Introduction to Meeting and Event Management
- Financial Management for Meetings and Events
- Meeting and Event Design and Decor
- Meeting and Event Coordination
- Utilizing Technology in Meeting and Event Planning
- Food, Beverage, and Venue Planning
- Risk Management for Meeting and Event Planners
- Green Event Planning: The Future of Event Professionals
- Meeting and Event Marketing and Communication