How to apply for the 2020 cohort
Application instructions for Fall 2020 admission
Application Deadline: March 1, 2020
All complete applications received by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on March 1, 2020 will be reviewed. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Step 1: Complete the University Graduate Application online.
- Submit your CSU Apply Application online.
- You can find our program by filtering the results:
- Campus: Sacramento State
- Source: Extended Education
- Start Term: Fall
- Select “Public Health – Master’s of Public Health” as the program
- While completing the application, you must list all colleges/universities you’ve attended, even if you did not earn a degree from that institution, or if you only enrolled in one class and dropped it.
- You do not need to list each individual course you completed through each institution.
- The $70 non-refundable University Application fee will be paid online at the end of the application before submission.
- If you have technical issues with the application, please call (857) 304-2087 for assistance.
- We strongly urge you to submit your application several weeks in advance of the deadline in order to give you enough time to complete the remaining steps in the application process.
Step 2: Submit official transcripts.
- Please submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended other than Sacramento State. If you attended Sacramento State, we will pull your Sacramento State transcripts for you.
- If you are mailing official, unopened transcripts, please send them to:
Office of Graduate Studies
California State University, Sacramento
Riverfront Center, Room 215, MS 6112
6000 J St.
Sacramento, CA 95819
- If your school offers electronic official transcripts, please have your school email them to Grad_Admissions@csus.edu.
- Photocopies or opened transcripts will not be accepted.
- If you have transcripts from institutions outside of the United States, please submit your transcripts one month prior to the deadline to allow time for a foreign credential evaluation. For more information about applicants with foreign documents, click here.
- We also strongly urge you to put in your requests to have your official transcripts sent to us from US institutions several weeks in advance of the deadline as well, in order to ensure that we receive them in time.
Step 3: Create your Sac State Saclink username and password.
- Once your CSU Apply application has been received and processed by the Office of Graduate Studies, you will receive an email with additional information including your Sac State student ID number.
- At this time, you will be able to set up your Saclink username and password on the SacLink Account page. This will allow you to access your Sac State Student Center and will allow you to complete the final steps in submitting your application materials.
Step 4: Upload required supplemental application materials.
- In order to be considered for admission, you must also submit all supplemental application materials in addition to your transcripts and CSU Apply application. These items will all be submitted through the Sac State Office of Graduate Studies supplemental application portal.
- You must log in with your Saclink username and password to access this portal.
- Detailed instructions for using the upload portal are available on the Supplemental Document Upload Website Graduate Applicants Tutorial.
- The following items will be submitted through the Supplemental Document
- Current Resume. 1-2 pages maximum, addressing your relevant paid and unpaid experience. Please submit this as a PDF.
- MPH Supplemental Application Form. The form is available here. This is an editable PDF which you can fill out, save, and upload. Please double check that your information is saved in the editable fields before uploading. If you prefer, you may print, fill out, sign, scan, and upload the file instead.
- Two Professional Reference Forms. The form is available here. You will need to fill out the top portion, sign, date, and attach your form to the request you will send to your references through the supplemental application portal. These must be completed by professional or academic references – NO personal references will be accepted. Your references need only fill out the form; no additional letter is required. Additional instructions are available here. Your references will need to fill out their portion of the form and upload it through the portal. References uploaded directly by the applicant will NOT be accepted. Should your reference experience technical difficulties with the upload process, please direct them to connect with Jessika Morrison at email@example.com.
Personal Essay. The essay must
include your name at the top, be 1-3 pages in length,
double-spaced, 12-point font, with 1-inch margins, and
saved as a PDF. Your essay must address the 3 topics
- Why you wish you to pursue a graduate degree in Public Health;
- How this degree will support your career goals; and
- Why you selected the program at Sacramento State
After you’ve submitted all application materials
Please keep an eye out for further instructions from the program staff regarding your next steps. If you are formally admitted, you will receive instructions for submitting your $50 departmental fee, how to complete the online training module (if required based on your academic history), and any other final steps in the formal admission process before you can begin the program.