How to Apply to the Online Psychology Program
If you are interested in applying, please submit the along with copies of all your college transcripts to the program advisor for review. Transcripts can be unofficial copies or printouts for now, and you do not need to submit any application fees at this point in the application process.
Ways to Submit Your Application
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Fax: (916) 278-3685, Attn: Carly Carpenter
3000 State University Drive
Sacramento, CA 95819
An unofficial evaluation of all your records will be completed to see if you meet the admissions criteria. If you do meet the criteria, we will walk you through the formal admissions process. Please do NOT formally apply for admission to Sacramento State via CSU Apply until instructed to do so, as we have a specific set of application instructions to give you.
If you do not yet meet the criteria, the advisor will give you advice about what courses you need in order to get into the program in the future, or advice on other potential degree completion programs that might be a better fit for you.
If you are currently a resident of another state, please ensure that your state or territory is on the approved list of Out-of-State Authorizations for Distance and Online Education.
To be eligible for this online program, students must meet the following admission criteria:
- Completion of Psychology 2: ”Introductory Psychology” (or its equivalent) with a C- or better.
- Completion of GE area A2 Written Communication and either GE area A1 Oral Communication, A3 Critical Thinking, or B4 Quantitative Reasoning with a C- or better.
- Completion of a minimum of 45 CSU transferable units.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 in all CSU transferable coursework.
- Have been out of college for two (2) or more years, or receive department consent to join the program.
If you are a local student, your application will also need to be approved, as this program is geared towards individuals who require the online format and cannot attend the traditional classes in-person on campus.
Please note: It is strongly recommended that students have Psychology 8: “Methods of Psychology” (or its equivalent) completed with a C- or better prior to admission, or complete it concurrently through a community college during their first semester at Sac State.