Whether you are a new or an experienced analyst, the Analytical Skills certificate program is designed to enable you to develop the critical core abilities essential to success. Learn how to manage all aspects of completing analytical work assignments using effective strategies and approved work formats in order to meet organizational missions, management visions, and customer expectations.
The Analytical Skills Certificate Program was designed in cooperation with representatives from state, county and city government agencies who have identified a need for education and continued training in the analytical field.
- Gain useful strategies, tools and techniques
- Increase on-the-job effectiveness
- Prepare for or pursue analyst jobs in the public sector
- Enhance marketability as an employee
- Network with analyst professionals from a variety of organizations
- Earn 9.2 continuing education units (CEUs) from Sacramento State
These courses are ideal for anyone currently employed as an analyst or those interested in pursuing public sector analyst positions. They are designed for entry-level analysts, lateral transfers or individuals who lack formal training in analysis or critical thinking. They also provide an excellent refresher opportunity for experienced analysts.
This program consists of six courses for a total of 96 classroom hours and 9.6 continuing education units (CEUs). The program structure enables participants to apply course concepts and skills in their work setting before moving on to the next competency set. Course times are scheduled to accommodate the needs of working adults, and courses are meant to be taken in sequential order.
In this program, you will learn how to:
- Apply effective critical thinking skills
- Understand the dynamics of organizational communication and workflow
- Use effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Understand data gathering formats and logical analysis
- Write analytical reports; prepare and deliver presentations
- Implement logical decision making processes
- Use project and time management tools