Business Engagement and Sector Strategies
Workforce Development Professional Certificate Program
This required course in the Workforce Development Professional Certificate Program puts workforce practitioners in lead roles to engage with businesses, assess their workforce needs and develop career pathways to meet the needs of business.
Topics will include:
- how business engagement theory and strategies are put into use
- how businesses operate in the marketplace and view workforce development
- how to speak the language of business and the marketplace
- how to create Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) strategies that pertain to business
- how to work with industry to implement successful sector partnerships and career pathways
- how to effectively engage with employers and assess their workforce needs
Participants will explore how the political climate, community planning, economic development and the existing base for business and industry impact initiatives.
Participants will develop a model of workforce and economic development partnerships.
For more information, please visit the Workforce Development Professional web page.