The Future of Workforce Development
Workforce Development Professional Certificate Program
This required introductory course in the Workforce Development Professional Certificate Program examines the history of the workforce development system in the United States, the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), and the role of the workforce development professional in the publicly funded workforce development system.
Topics will include:
- key changes in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- the history and evolution of the workforce development system
- California’s Workforce Development Plan
- the role of Workforce Development Boards
- the role of America’s Job Centers of California (AJCC)
- the connections between federal, state and local workforce development programs, governance structures and funding guidelines
- principle customers and stakeholders in the workforce development system
For more information, please visit the Workforce Development Professional web page.