Financial Aid


Financial Aid

Financial Aid may be available for students pursuing a first bachelor’s or master’s degree. Additional information about Financial Aid is available through Sacramento State’s Financial Aid & Scholarship Office. We recommend starting the financial aid process as early as possible.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

The first step in applying for financial aid is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

File a FAFSA form as soon as possible even if you are undecided if you want aid.  Please use the following Institution code when filling out your FAFSA Application: 4671. Mail the application to the address listed on the form or submit electronically via the FAFSA website. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks to process your FAFSA.

Once you have completed the FAFSA watch your My Sac State “Student Center To Do List” for additional required forms and documents.


Types of Financial Aid

There are many types of financial aid, some of which are listed here.

If you would like additional information regarding financial aid, please visit the Sacramento State Financial Aid website.