How to Apply
Apply for Summer 2020 by April 10
To apply to this program, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- already possess your Master’s in Social Work
- currently be enrolled in the Sacramento State Master’s in Social Work program, or
- expect to graduate from another university the spring in which applications are due
We will begin accepting applications on January 3, 2020. The deadline to submit your application is April 10, 2020. A complete application packet includes the following:
- PPSC online application
- Personal Statement of Interest ()
- Two Letters of Reference
- Two reference grids – one to be completed by each reference ()
- Sealed official transcripts of all colleges and universities attended, other than Sacramento State.
All of the above items are necessary for a complete application.
The application, statement, reference letters and grids will be requested and submitted electronically. Please mail ONLY official transcripts to:
Attn: PPSC program
College of Continuing Education
3000 State University Drive
Sacramento, CA 95819-6103
A $50 application-processing fee will be collected after eligibility has been determined.
Although not required, students are highly encouraged to complete the LiveScan and receive your Certificate of Clearance as soon as possible.
Please note: If you have completed all 450 hours of your fieldwork, please see the and submit the appropriate fieldwork paperwork with your application. If you have not completed all 450 hours of your fieldwork you may still apply to the program following the steps above.
NOTE: Students are required to find their own placements if they have not completed their fieldwork hours. We do not assist with finding fieldwork placements.
Please click the “Applying for the Credential” tab here: http://www.cce.csus.edu/pod/learn-more-about-credential-requirements