How to Apply to the Judicial Administration Program
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree (must be awarded before beginning first semester of the program). A GPA of 3.0 for all undergraduate course work and in the last 60 units is strongly recommended.
Applicants should also demonstrate relevant professional work experience within the court system. Applicants will be screened for their demonstrated interest in the court environment and for the aptitude to complete the program over a four-semester sequence. Current court employees who desire to further their careers in the courts are encouraged to apply.
We are no longer accepting applications. The next cohort applications will be open fall 2018.
A complete application packet includes the following:
- One to two page single-spaced statement addressing purpose for pursuing Graduate Certificate in Judicial Administration
- Official transcripts of all colleges and universities attended, other than Sacramento State
- Two copies of the and attached letters of recommendation (one from a supervisor and one from an individual in a professional or academic position familiar with the applicant’s work)
- Curriculum vitae or resume demonstrating relevant professional work experience
- $30 non-refundable application-processing fee (check or money order payable to Sacramento State)
Please direct all applications and correspondence to:College of Continuing Education
Attn: Judicial Administration Program
3000 State University Drive
Sacramento, CA 95819