California State University, Sacramento (referred to as Sacramento State) is the “capital campus” of the 23 campus California State University system. Our outstanding faculty, excellent laboratories, numerous research centers and proximity to the capitol draw over 30,000 American and international students to our campus. Nestled in an urban forest along the American river, we offer a world-class education in the heart of California.
Our students have access to all the campus services, programs, clubs and amenities offered on our beautiful campus including:
- Computer labs, technical support and free wifi
- Free shuttle service and emergency telephones
- Student health center with pharmacy and counseling services
- Dedicated staff provide daily support and assistance
- Activities: Over 300 student clubs and organizations to explore
- Fitness & Recreation: rock climbing, swimming, tennis, sailing, cycling, hiking and sporting events
- Arts & Culture: art galleries, multicultural center, concert hall, theaters, film screenings and festivals
- Library: over 1.2 million books, media center and private study rooms for students
- Student Union: nine restaurants, full game room, student lounge and store
- OneCard: student identification card provides discounts on city bus and train system, food, movies and more
Sacramento State has the seventh most diverse student body west of the Mississippi River. In diversity there is strength, I believe. We must build on that strength.
As California’s Capital University, we can show the nation how an excellent education can be provided in an inclusive, nurturing, respectful environment by understanding and learning from all cultures.
— Sacramento State President Robert Nelsen