SNC Program Application Process
**Please read carefully as application process has changed.**
New cohorts for the SNC program only begin in the spring semester. We do not admit in the fall semester. The application window to apply for Spring 2022 is July 1 - Aug 15, 2021. Applicants will be notified by the Office of Graduate Studies of acceptance status during the fall 2021 semester.
Applying to the School Nurse Credential program entails a two-part process:
1. Submit the SNC Application online.
$50 Application-processing fee will be collected after eligibility has been determined.
2. Applicants who submitted an online SNC application, will receive instructions on August 1 to apply to Sacramento state through CSU Apply. CSU Apply application and supporting documentation must be submitted August 1 – 15. The following materials will need to be uploaded via CSU Apply:
Letter of Purpose. This one-page, single-spaced letter will be evaluated for proper grammar and spelling, and should include:
- Why you want to get your school nurse credential
- How your previous academic and professional experiences will contribute to your success in a rigorous credential program
- What your future goals are for improving and expanding your school nursing role
Two letters of recommendation from persons
familiar with your academic record and professional
- Letters should be from two current or previous supervisors or professors from previous academic programs. These letters may not be written by colleagues. The letters should be current (dated within the last two months) and include specific examples supporting the applicant’s academic skills or school nursing strengths.
- For confidentiality, letters of recommendation must be submitted directly by the reference person through Quadrant IV after submitting a CSU Apply application.
- Please address letters to Samantha Blackburn, SNC Faculty Coordinator.
Proof of RN licensure: Can include a copy
of the BRN Licensure Details document, a screenshot from the
BRN licensure verification webpage or a copy of RN license.
Official Transcripts: Official
transcripts will be submitted directly to the Office of
Graduate Studies. Keep in mind, transfer credit listed on one
transcript does not suffice, and you will need to submit
official transcripts from EACH school attended after high
school. Your official transcripts must show a baccalaureate or
higher degree from a regionally-accredited
college or university (required by the Commission on Teacher
Official transcripts can be submitted
electronically (preferred method) to
or by mail to:
California State University, Sacramento
Office of Graduate Studies
Riverfront Center 215, MS 6112
6000 J St Sacramento, CA 95819
- Official transcripts can be submitted electronically (preferred method) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- $70 non-refundable application-processing fee for the University
Applicants with Foreign Documents
If you have completed any coursework or have a degree from an international institution outside of the U.S., you are required to:
- Submit an educational evaluation from World Education Services (WES), Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI), or Educational Credentials Evaluators, Inc. (ECE), directly to the Office of Graduate Studies upon submission of a CSU Apply application.
- Students that earned a degree from an Institution located in a nation where English is not the official Language must take TOEFL or IELTS or PTE (www.toefl.org or http://www.ielts.org or www.pearsonpte.com).
- Please refer to the Office of Graduate Studies website under ”Applicants with Foreign Documents” for specific guidelines on submitting documents.