SNC Program Application Process
New cohorts for the SNC program only begin in the spring semester. We do not admit in the fall semester. The application window to apply for Spring 2021 is July 1 - Aug 15, 2020. Application materials must be postmarked no later than Aug. 15. Applicants are notified by Oct. 1 of their admission status in the program.
Applying to the School Nurse Credential program entails a two-part process:
1. Submit the SNC Application online and upload supporting materials including:
Letter of Purpose. This one-page, single-spaced letter will be evaluated for proper grammar and spelling, and should include:
- Why you want to get your school nurse credential
- How your previous academic and professional experiences will contribute to your success in a rigorous credential program
- What your future goals are for improving and expanding your school nursing role
Two letters of recommendation from persons
familiar with your academic record and professional
- Letters should be from two current or previous supervisors or professors from previous academic programs. These letters may not be written by colleagues. The letters should be current (dated within the last two months) and include specific examples supporting the applicant’s academic skills or school nursing strengths.
- For confidentiality, letters of recommendation
must be submitted directly by the reference
Letters can be submitted as
- Uploaded directly by the reference person after submitting an online SNC Application
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailed in to the address below
- Letters can be submitted as follows:
- Please address letters to Samantha Blackburn, SNC Faculty Coordinator.
- Updated resume
- Proof of RN licensure
Official, sealed transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended, other than Sacramento State or high school, including those for nursing, non-nursing and other degrees or courses taken. Transfer credit listed on one transcript does not suffice, we MUST have the official transcript from each school. Your official transcripts must show a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally-accredited college or university (required by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing).
- Official transcripts must be mailed in directly to the following address:
Sacramento State College of Continuing Education
Attn: SNC program
3000 State University Drive
Sacramento, CA 95819-6103
We do not accept electronic transcripts. Please do not request your transcripts be sent via email by your college.
50 Application-processing fee will be collected after eligibility has been determined.
2. Once the committee has determined your eligibility for enrollment, you will be asked to apply to Sacramento State by filing the following materials:
- Online CSU Graduate application through CSU Apply
- $55 non-refundable application-processing fee
The program coordinator will forward your official transcripts to the Office of Graduate Studies. For questions, please contact us.
If you have completed any coursework or have a degree from an international institution outside of the U.S., you are required to submit an educational evaluation from World Education Services (WES) with your application packet. Please refer to the Office of Graduate Studies website under ”Applicants with Foreign Documents” for specific guidelines on submitting documents.