SNC Program Application Process
New cohorts for the SNC program only begin in the spring semester. We do not admit in the fall semester. The application window to apply for Spring 2019 will be July 1 – Aug. 31, 2018. The window is currently CLOSED to apply for Spring 2018.
Applying to the School Nurse Credential program entails a two-part process:
1. Submit the SNC Application online and upload supporting materials including:
Letter of Purpose. This one-page, single-spaced letter will be evaluated for proper grammar and spelling, and should include:
- Why you want to get your school nurse credential
- How your previous academic and professional experiences will contribute to your success in a rigorous credential program
- What your future goals are for improving and expanding your school nursing role
- Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic record and professional capabilities.
- Letters should be from two current or previous supervisors or professors from previous academic programs. These letters may not be written by colleagues. The letters should be current (dated within the last two months) and include specific examples supporting the applicant’s academic skills or school nursing strengths.
- For confidentiality, letters of recommendation must be submitted directly by the reference person. Letters can be uploaded directly by the reference person AFTER submitting an online SNC Application. A link to share with your references will be emailed to you in your application confirmation.
- Please address letters to Samantha Blackburn, SNC Faculty Coordinator.
- Updated resume
- Proof of RN licensure
Official, sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, other than Sacramento State, including those for nursing and other degrees or courses taken.
- Official transcripts must be mailed in directly to the following address:
Sacramento State College of Continuing Education
Attn: SNC program
3000 State University Drive
Sacramento, CA 95819-6103
$50 Application-processing fee will be collected after eligibility has been determined.
2. Once the committee has determined your eligibility for enrollment, you will be asked to apply to Sacramento State by filing the following materials:
- Online CSU Graduate application through CSU Apply
- $55 non-refundable application-processing fee
The program coordinator will forward your official transcripts to the Office of Graduate Studies. For questions, please contact us.
If you have completed any coursework or have a degree from an international institution outside of the U.S., you are required to submit an educational evaluation from World Education Services (WES) with your application packet. Please refer to the Office of Graduate Studies website under ”Applicants with Foreign Documents” for specific guidelines on submitting documents.