Apply to the A&L Program
Apply for Fall 2023 by June 15, 2023
This multidisciplinary major is designed for students who have stopped-out in good standing from the pursuit of any major within the disciplines of Sacramento State’s College of Arts & Letters or a similar discipline at another university.
At the time of application, students must have met the following requirements:
- Stopped-out from a university in a degree program similar to a degree in Sacramento State’s College of Arts and Letters for a minimum of one year and left in good academic standing
- Completed at least 70 units of coursework (may be upper- and lower-division units)
- Completed all lower-division General Education (GE) for California State University system or equivalent. A condition of admission to the program is that students have completed all lower-division GE requirements plus second semester composition (ENGL 20) or equivalents from another institution.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above
To apply, please complete the Arts & Letters Program Application.
Items to attach to application include:
- Transcripts from any college or university attended other than Sacramento State.
- A one page personal statement describing intentions to return to your educational career and why Arts & Letters would be beneficial to you.
Once we receive these items, our degree advisor will review all documents to determine if you are admissible to Sacramento State.
Please send these items to:
College of Continuing Education
ATTN: A&L Program
3000 State University Drive
Sacramento, CA 95819