How to Apply to the Program
Applications for the fall 2019 cohort will open August 2018.
To be considered for admission to the program, applicants must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 in the last 60 units of college coursework taken
- Have all prerequisite courses completed, with a grade of C- or better, prior to beginning major coursework
- Sign a contract of agreement stating that the student will not be employed for more than 20 hours per week when courses are in session
Prerequisite courses must be completed before enrolling in major coursework. These courses may be taken at another university, at a community college, or through the College of Continuing Education (if available) if the catalog descriptions are similar. The following prerequisite courses must be completed with a minimum grade of C- or better.
- A Course in Introduction to Psychology
- A Course in Human Development Across The Lifespan
- A Course in Introduction to Statistics
- A Course in Sign Language
- A Course in Physical Science*
- A Course in Biological Science*
*Note: The physical and biological science courses must meet the general education requirements of the university attended. It is strongly recommended that students have completed a course in physics and/or chemistry as they may be required later on when applying to a master’s degree program.
For course approval, please email the program coordinator with the following information: name of institution, course number, course title, course description, and date completed. If course is approved, please print a copy of the email and include with your application.
The following prerequisite course is offered through the College of Continuing Education:
Prior to beginning the program, admitted students will be expected to attend a program orientation session to review the course sequence and program expectations.
The next cohort will be offered in fall 2019. If you’d like to be added to our interest list, please email the program coordinator with your name, phone number and email address.
Applying to the program entails a two part process:
1. Apply to the College of Continuing Education (CCE) by submitting the following materials as a complete admission packet:
- One set of official, sealed transcripts of all colleges and universities attended, other than Sacramento State
- $50.00 non-refundable application-processing fee (check or money order payable to Sacramento State)
Please submit all materials as a single package to:College of Continuing Education
Attn: Second Bachelor in Communication Sciences and Disorders program
3000 State University Drive
Sacramento, CA 95819
2. After you’ve been notified that you’ve been selected for the program, we will send you specific instruction on when and how to apply to Sacramento State and submit the following materials:
- Online CSU application
- $55.00 non-refundable application-processing fee (to expedite processing, we recommend paying online with a credit or debit card)