Workforce Development Professional Certificate Program
This required course in the Workforce Development Professional Certificate Program provides an overview of career coaching in the America’s Job Centers of California (AJCC) and addresses barriers to employment while matching business needs with job-seeker skills.
Topics will include:
- using customer-centered coaching techniques
- determining the needs of populations with barriers to employment
- proven strategies to serve individuals with barriers
- identifying ways to better serve diverse populations
Participants will learn how to:
- assess customers’ academic and occupational skills for short- and long-term goals
- develop and implement a career plan by accessing supportive services, public assistance and/or financial aid
- assist job seekers in developing employment plans that address regional employer needs and job-seeker capabilities
To learn more, please visit the Workforce Development Professional web page.