Successful Human Resource Management (HRM) professionals enjoy working with others, are detailed-oriented, and understand the intricacies of personnel issues. They orchestrate a multitude of activities to meet organizational and personnel goals. Our HRM certificate program is for professionals who want to keep current on human resource issues in today’s business world.
From recruiting and hiring, implementing training and development programs, and evaluating employee performance, the HRM professional is a key change agent in the public and private sectors. It is imperative for employees and managers to constantly update their skills in order to face the increasing complexities of changing labor, occupational health and safety legislation, the multicultural and multigenerational workforce and advances in technology.
The HRM program offers an opportunity to build your skills and knowledge in:
- Training and development
- Industrial relations and negotiations
- Legal issues affecting human resource management
- Personnel recruitment, selection and orientation
- Determining compensation, benefits and performance
- Strategies for organizational change
- Network with human resource professionals from a variety of organizations
The program is designed primarily for private sector or government professionals who are:
- Preparing to enter the human resource management field
- Working in human resources but never received formal training
- Updating and reviewing key issues in human resources
The program consists of seven courses for a total of 110 hours of instruction and 11.0 continuing education units (CEUs). It is required to start the program with Human Resource Management: An Overview” course.
Sacramento Area Human Resource Association Members
Members of the Sacramento Area Human Resources Association (SAHRA) are eligible for a 10% discount on courses in the Human Resource Management Certificate Program. Proof of membership must be provided, by phone, at the time of registration. To join SAHRA, please visit www.sahra.org.
Sacramento State Alumni Members
Current Alumni members are entitled to a 15% discount for courses in the Human Resource Management Program. To receive the discount, participants must provide their Alumni membership, by phone, at the time of registration.